Position: Video Production Coordinator
About grey sky films:
Grey Sky Films is a digital video production agency in NJ with a passion for creating video content that helps to enhance a company’s overall image. We are a team of passionate creatives, storytellers, strategists, and film-makers. We collaborate on any level to help our clients produce video content for corporate, broadcast, sales, training, marketing, and much more!
Salary + Medical Benefits
Grey Sky Films is looking for a full-time, energetic, highly organized, and motivated video production coordinator to join our team. The video production coordinator is responsible for overseeing video projects from pre-production to post-production and final delivery. As the video production coordinator at Grey Sky Films, you’ll work as part of a team and lead the charge to ensure all video production projects are running smoothly and on schedule. You’ll also be responsible for facilitating production and post-production team meetings and activities with the Director of Production.
Our production team works directly with clients, so you must be experienced in providing outstanding customer service and maintain a professional and friendly demeanor in all interactions with clients, in person, via phone, or via email. You will be required to juggle numerous projects at the same time, so multitasking and having the ability to prioritize and change gears quickly to meet deadlines are a must. We work in a fast-paced environment and it is critical to be able to maintain a high level of quality across all projects. Grey Sky Films is growing and you would be an integral part of this company’s success and future growth.
what you'll do:
- Report to and work with our Director of Production on the day-to-day operations of the production and post-production departments.
- Manage and oversee pre-production planning and post-production workflow and schedule, and ensure all projects are operating on schedule and on-budget.
- Manage and oversee production and post-production freelancers for each project, including invoicing and billing.
- Ensure the production studio, equipment, and vans are organized and tidy.
- Perform the media and footage offload and witness workflow quickly and efficiently.
- Oversee the evolution of daily operations as necessary and identify the best practices for production.
- Make sound decisions, think strategically, problem-solve, and multi-task while remaining laser-focused on the fine details.
- Must have excellent organization, meeting management, time management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong relationship-building skills with the ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a leader who takes initiative and makes decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, video production, cinematography, film studies, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of professional experience in video production and video production management.
- Must be computer savvy with skills in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with working in a very fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks, and meeting very tight deadlines.
- Experience with managing video production projects from start to the delivery of final assets with attention to detail, energy, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness.
- Exemplary organizational skills with a desire to maintain high-quality standards across all projects, regardless of budget or timeline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and work well under pressure while maintaining extreme attention to detail.
- Previous production knowledge and experience a plus.
required application materials:
- Cover letter
- Tell us what your favorite film is and why.