Grey Sky Films is a digital video production agency in NJ with a passion for creating video content that helps to enhance a company’s overall image. We are a team of passionate creatives, storytellers, strategists, and film-makers. We collaborate on any level to help our clients produce video content for corporate, broadcast, sales, training, marketing, and much more! https://greyskyfilms.com/
Salary + Medical Benefits
Grey Sky Films is looking for a talented and passionate animator to join the team. Day-to-day animation duties include creating motion design and character animations for storyboards, narrative, advertising campaigns, and product and branding assignments — including but not limited to short web videos, corporate and commercial videos, micro-content, ads for social media, product videos, and promotional videos. This animator position is more than just creating lower thirds and on-air style graphics. An animator in this position will create a story and bring it to life.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have extreme attention to detail and at least 5 years experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects, Animate (formerly Flash Animator), Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as other industry technology. Familiarity with Cinema 4D, Adobe Character Animator, Video Copilot’s Element 3D, and Ross Xpression/Streamline a plus. On-set experience as a visual effects supervisor and producer is also a plus.
As an animator at Grey Sky Films, you’ll work as part of a team and must be able to gracefully handle and discuss feedback and edit notes from producers, clients, as well as the team. Our animators work directly with the client, so you must be experienced in providing outstanding customer service and be professional and friendly in all interactions with clients, in person and via phone or email. You will be required to juggle several projects at the same time, so multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize and switch gears quickly to meet deadlines are a must. We work in a fast-paced environment and it is important to maintain a high level of quality across all projects, even when managing multiple projects at the same time.
Our animators are not just technicians, they are part of the entire creative process. We value their input and talent in every applicable project. Grey Sky Films is growing and you would be an integral part of the success and future growth of the company.
- Support the Grey Sky team from a project’s creative inception to conceptual design, asset gathering through final animation.
- Identify opportunities to create additional content for current projects.
- Source stock footage, elements, effects, presets, and plug-ins based on the needs of each individual project.
- Create assets like vector graphics, icons, characters, and objects from scratch to be used in projects.
- Asset prep and production support for other team members, including creating templates for Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop, rotoscoping and tracking motion elements, compositing in After Effects, etc.
- Basic audio editing and sound design, syncing dialogue to animations where necessary and sourcing and leveling appropriate music and sound fx for each project.
- Perform final quality checks on all assets prior to delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Animation, Visual Effects, Computer Art, Fine Art or Graphics or similar, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as an animator.
- Expertise in design, motion design, and animation platforms like Adobe Animate and After Effects. High proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator required. Familiarity with Cinema 4D and Adobe Character Animator a plus.
- Experience working on a variety of projects, such as storyboards, narrative, marketing campaigns, social content, and product and branding assignments.
- Knowledge of various file formats and appropriate uses.
- Basic knowledge of non-linear editing software (Adobe Premiere required).
- A passion for video production and animation, specifically the editing process and storytelling.
- Knowledge and understanding of established and emerging trends in content consumption and audience habits.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- A desire to maintain high-quality standards across all projects, regardless of budget or timeline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Tell us what your favorite film is and why.
- Please provide access to your online portfolio, which includes examples of your work in different styles and formats as well as explanations of your contributions to that work (what part(s) you did).
- A short, original video (30 seconds or less) that explains why you should be our next animator or demonstrates your incredible animation/storytelling abilities.
- Animation Examples:
- Here are links to VFX and animation samples that represent a high-level overview of the type of work our animators create: