About Grey Sky Films
Grey Sky Films is a digital video production agency in NJ with a passion for creating video content that helps to enhance a company’s overall image. We are a team of passionate creatives, storytellers, strategists, and film-makers. We collaborate on any level to help our clients produce video content for corporate, broadcast, sales, training, marketing, and much more! http://www.greyskyfilms.com/
Employment type: Full – Time position
Compensation: Salary + Medical Benefits
Grey Sky Films is looking for a talented and passionate editor to join the team. Day-to-day editing duties include cutting together short web videos, overviews, testimonials, interviews, corporate and commercial videos, micro-content, ads for social media, product videos, and promotional videos. Our editors also function as pre-production and post-production producers with duties such as talent acquisition for on-screen and voice-overs, graphic design and script writing. To be considered for this position, applicants must have extreme attention to detail and at least 5 years experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere and After Effects. Experience with Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus. On-Set producing experience is also a plus.
As an editor at Grey Sky Films, you’ll work as part of a team and must be able to gracefully handle and discuss feedback and edit notes from producers, clients, as well as the team. Our editors work directly with the clients, so you must be experienced in providing outstanding customer service and be professional and friendly in all interactions with clients, in person and via phone or email. You will be required to juggle several projects at the same time, so multi-tasking, and the ability to prioritize and change gears quickly to meet deadlines, are a must. We work in a fast-paced environment and it is important to maintain a high level of quality across all projects, even when managing multiple projects at the same time.
Our editors are not just technicians, they are creative producers. We value their input and talent in every project. Grey Sky Films is growing and you would be an integral part of the success and future growth of this company.
- Edit short-form content for multiple clients simultaneously
- Create titles and graphics in Adobe Premiere, After Effects or Photoshop
- Basic color correction and color grading
- Basic audio editing
- Sound Design such as selecting music and sound effects
- Incorporating photographs, client logos and branding, and stock elements
- Identify opportunities to create additional content from footage of current projects
- Talent acquisition, such as casting actors and voice-over talent
- Scriptwriting and copy-editing
- Extreme attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, video production, video editing, a related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as an editor
- Experience with motion graphics
- Knowledge of various file formats and appropriate uses
- Experience exporting video for broadcast and web
- A passion for video production, specifically the editing process and storytelling
- Knowledge and understanding of established and emerging trends in content consumption and audience habits
- Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- A desire to maintain high-quality standards across all projects, regardless of budget or timeline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Tell us what your favorite film is and why.
- Please provide access to your online portfolio, which includes examples of your work and explanations of your contributions to that work (what part(s) you did).
- A short, original video (30 seconds or less) that explains why you should be our next editor or demonstrates your incredible editing/storytelling abilities.
Share this opportunity on social…